Aloo Gobi Matar is a classic North Indian dish that is a favorite of many. This is a common recipe that you will find this on every Indian restaurant’s menu. It makes for a quick and easy meal on those days when you can’t be bothered spending hours in the kitchen.
Prep time : 15 minutes Cooking time : 20 minutes Total time : 35 minutes
Servings : 4
Category : Side dish Cuisine : North Indian
Ingredients: 500g Cauliflower 2 Medium sized potatoes 0.5 Cup green peas (Matar) 1 Medium chopped onion 0.5 Cup tomato 2-3 Green chillies finely chopped 1 Tablespoon finely chopped ginger- garlic 0.5 Teaspoon cumin seeds 0.5 Teaspoon turmeric powder 1 Teaspoon red chilli powder 0.5 Teaspoon Garam masala powder 1 Tablespoon oil Cilantro Salt to taste
- Peel off the skin of potatoes and Wash, chop them into cubes and set aside. Wash cauliflower and separate it into small florets and set aside.
- Fry potato cubes and cauliflower in little bit of oil and Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter cumin seeds. Add finely chopped onion, chopped green chillies, chopped ginger-garlic and salt. Sauté till onions become light brown.
- Now, add Tomato and green peas including red chilli powder, and turmeric powder. Mix well and add little bit of water . Cover the lid till peas become soft.
- Add the cooked potato and cauliflower ,mix well and add garam masala powder and cover for 3-4 minutes or till you find potatoes and cauliflower are soft.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot!!