Here is another mouth watering recipe for all the Gobi lovers out there .This is cooked in silky creamy sauce, and is another popular and delicious dish.
Prep time : 30 minutes Cooking time : 15 minutes Total time : 45 minutes
Servings : 4
Category : Main course Cuisine : Indian
Ingredients: 500g Cauliflower/ Gobi split into medium florets 1 Teaspoon red chili powder 0.5 Garam masala powder 1 Tablespoon butter Water Salt to taste. For Makhani gravy: 1 Bay leaf 1 Green cardamom, cracked 0.5 Black cardamom 1 Stick cinnamon 2 Whole cloves 2 Tablespoon butter 1 Large finely chopped onion 1 Cup chopped tomato 1 Tablespoon crushed cashew nuts 1 Tablespoon finely chopped ginger garlic 0.5 Teaspoon cumin seeds 0.5 Teaspoon turmeric powder 1 Teaspoon red chilli powder 1 Coriander powder 2 Tablespoon heavy cream 1 Teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves Salt to taste Method
- For the cauliflower, wash and separate it into small florets. Add some turmeric powder and salt to florets and steam them for about 10-15 minutes until they are partially cooked.
- Drain the water and keep the cauliflower aside.
- Heat the butter and add the florets along with that salt, red chilli powder and garam masala. Fry them for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat the butter in a pan. Add the dry whole spices and cumin seeds.
- Add finely chopped onions, salt, cashew nuts and chopped ginger- garlic. Sauté till it turns golden brown.
- Now, add tomato following with dry ingredients turmeric powder, red chili powder and coriander powder. Sauté till the tomatoes are soft.
- Cool the mixture and grind the mixture to a smooth paste.
- Add the remaining butter in a pan, add the ground makhani gravy and let it come to a boil. Add the cream and crushed fenugreek leaves, mix well. Finally add the fried cauliflower florets to gravy and let it cook for 5 minutes.