Broccoli masala is an easy to make healthy tasty side dish for roti and paratha.
Generally kids avoid having broccoli if we simply boil and give them to eat. I have modified aloo Gobi masala recipe to broccoli aloo masala to suit our Indian palette.
Prep time : 10 minutes Cooking time : 20 minutes Total time : 30 minutes
Servings : 2-3
Cuisine : North Indian
Category : side dish
1 Head broccoli
2 large potatoes
1 large chopped onion
1 Chopped tomato
1 Tablespoon finely chopped ginger and garlic
0.5 Teaspoon cumin seeds
0.5 Teaspoon turmeric powder
1 Teaspoon chili powder
1 Teaspoon garam masala
1.5 Teaspoon coriander powder
1 Tablespoon oil
Salt to taste
- Wash and gently remove each floret from the spear of broccoli. Peel the potatoes, wash it and chop them into medium cubes.
- Firstly, heat little oil in a pan and roast the broccoli florets and potato cubes till they are half cooked and transfer it into a plate.
- In the same pan heat oil and fry cumin seeds. Add chopped onions and salt, sauté till it turns golden brown.
- Add finely chopped ginger – garlic and chopped tomato , turmeric powder, coriander powder, chilli powder, garam masala powder. Sauté it till the tomatoes become soft.
- Now, add the cooked broccoli and potato cubes. Mix everything well.Close the lid and cook for at least 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and your broccoli aloo masala is ready to eat.