Egg burji (Indian scrambled eggs) is one of the popular dhaba dishes and a perfect accompaniment for a drink. The palak egg burji is a healthier and tastier twist on the traditional egg burji .This is quick to prepare and can be eaten for a main course or just as an evening snack.
Prep time : 15 minutes cooking time : 15 minutes Total time : 30 minutes
Servings : 3 – 4 Cuisine : Indian Category : side dish
1 Bunch palak or spinach (finely chopped)
1 Small chopped onion
1 Tablespoon oil
0.5 Teaspoon cumin seeds
0.5 Teaspoon turmeric powder
0.5 Teaspoon chili powder
2-3 Green chilies
Salt to taste.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
- Add chopped onion , green chilies and salt. Saute it till the onion turns golden brown.
- Add turmeric powder, chili powder and spinach . Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and add it to the pan after the spinach wilts.
- Keep stirring continuously till the eggs are scrambled.